It is undeniable that as website owners, you must keep yourselves abreast of the trends in digital marketing while making sure that such efforts are actually converting into leads. More than making your products and services known to prospective buyers or casual visitors, your website communicates your brand. A well-crafted presentation wins over some bland compilation of pictures on a website. It takes a mastery of your brand to effectively convey your brand across your website and platforms.
What exactly is a copy and why is it relevant? Content and copy are commonly interchanged but truth is, they are actually different. Copy is a more specific term describing the many kinds of marketing texts with the aim of persuading people to respond – usually to buy a product or subscribe to a service. On the other hand, content is used broadly as a term to define all kinds of text that provides information to build an audience. Copy can be any promotional content like website copy, text on flyers, billboards, advertisements, taglines, product descriptions, etc. Copy is what helps you direct your customer towards a certain action.
If you want to build a successful website, it is imperative for you to invest a considerable time, effort and resources to come up with a strong copy. If it necessitates you to hire or contract the services of a copywriter, that would be much better. After all, a website with a good design is useless without a compelling copy that accompanies it. Here are some tips to consider.
1. Streamline your services by writing in a clear and concise manner which conveys to the typical audience what is the product or service being promoted;
2. Address the problems and needs of the audience with the end in mind to build connections;
3. Interjects the products or services provided by the company as an ideal solution to those problems; and
4. Wraps it up with a significant call to action which necessitates a response from the audience.
5. Design your homepage as user-friendly as possible for your website copy to be reflected properly without sacrificing your marketing strategy.
Why is a good copy a MUST for my website?
Now that we know what is a copy and what a good copy looks like, here are some reasons why a good copy is definitely a must.
1. It is cost-efficient.
Consider your website’s copy as a blueprint which will shape the future of your website. A good and comprehensive copy leads to traffic which translates to more opportunities for sales. Unlike other paid marketing campaigns which are often expensive and only good for the short term, good copy lasts which mean you will definitely get your money’s worth.
2. It is an effective tool in conveying your brand and setting the tone of what you do and what you can offer.
Your copywriter’s aim must be to deliver a high-quality copy that is compelling and straightforward. It should clearly convey to your audience what your brand is all about and your website copy plays a huge role in your overall brand image.
3. A well-designed website must be coupled with equally comprehensive copy to ensure that your website serves you well.
You can have the best web design in the world, but if the copy is bad, it won’t help your business grow. You need excellent and effective copy to truly win customers. The success of your website always relies on the perfect combination of good copy and design.