The birth of ecommerce has paved the way in having websites as a necessity in doing business. Especially with the unprecedented impact of the pandemic last year, most businesses were forced to shift into doing business transactions online. Even consumer behavior and trends have significantly changed in the digital era. With the massive information readily available in the World Wide Web, consumers are getting the convenience and satisfaction at the tip of their hands. According to Adaptive Marketing, 97% of internet users search for local businesses around them. This only goes to show that if you’re a small business and you want to grow, obtaining your business website is a MUST. In this article, we will be sharing the reasons why you should consider investing for a website.
- Your website is your identity. In designing and building your website, your purpose, core mission and values should be highlighted. What you do should be clear and precise. This contains the goods and services you intend to provide your customers.
- Customers expect businesses to have their own website. Especially that ecommerce platforms are a boom these days, customers tend to buy on sellers who have their own website as the website not only provides information on the products but the actual adding to cart and checking out happens on the website, most of the time.
- Your website is your brand. It increases your credibility and reputation. As compared to businesses who don’t have websites, your website is your identification card that serves as a pass to being a legitimate business. Since the majority of transactions are done online, customers are wary of whom they’re transacting as online scams are inevitable.
- You’re in control of your branding. Owning your own website makes you the captain of the ship. As it is easy and quick to be updated, you can incorporate the essential and compelling content to improve your website. Let it be noted that your website conveys your message to people that would make them want to buy and do business with you. You can include testimonials and success stories in your website to boost your reputation branding.
- Broadens your scope in finding new customers. As compared to those businesses who have zero online presence, your website is your stepping stone in acquiring new customers. Majority of people go to Google to search for something and who knows with a great website coupled with strong SEO strategies, your website might be getting a lot of visits which could potentially lead to successful conversions.
- It’s cost efficient than traditional advertising. Forget about pamphlets and newspaper ads, the vast world wide web is your limit. Investing for your website and maintaining it saves you money and effort in hard selling your brand. With your business within a click away from potential customers, you’re sure that the only way is up.
- Social media presence is not enough. Some argued that they don’t need it anymore because their businesses are active on social media. While social media marketing is making waves, it must not substitute your website. A scenario would be people might be flocking to instagram or facebook now but who knows they might not be using those platforms too, thus it could translate to weakening of your buyer base. What we’re trying to point out here is that your website must be established and in place and your social media marketing initiatives must complement it navigating towards the goal- growing your business.
- It saves you time. Everything can be integrated into your website from your product catalogue to payment gateways to customer feedback. It saves you time in getting more things done at the same time retaining your brand identity.
So now that you’ve read about the reasons why getting a website is a must, it’s time to plan out what makes a good website and how to maintain them. The ultimate goal should really be growing your business and your website altogether. You can make that happen just take the first step and enjoy the benefits that await you.