It is not uncommon that your website is one of the first things a prospect will look for when dealing with your business. If before the instant questions consist of asking for business cards or your physical address, now they ask for your website address. A website is a tool that stores and contains all the necessary information about your business. It is also where customers engage and transact with you. From browsing your content to leaving customer feedback, it can all be done on your website. Based on research, approximately 80% of customers conduct research on the internet before placing that order. Conversely speaking, absent a website for your business, it is difficult for them to consider you.
Depending on the quality of your website, it can create a positive or negative impact on your business. A great website has the ability to have a significant impact on your business, particularly how your target market and prospects view your business. The common misconception among business owners is that having launched a website is the end all be all. It’s erroneous to subscribe to this idea. As digital marketing experts put it, not having a website is better than having a bad one. However, considering that having a website is not just a trend but has become a necessity, it is imperative for business owners to strategize and carry-out a well thought out plan on how to make your website responsive to positively impact your business. With proper maintenance and utilisation of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies, your website can create a positive impact on your business.
Here are a few advantages of having a website that has a positive impact on business.
- Helps level the playing field of other competitors. Majority of businesses now operate with a website not only for those which do not have physical stores due to the fact that websites are essential. By having a website, you can be at par with those businesses and adapt marketing strategies proven to work for your advantage.
- Cost effective advertising. With compelling and engaging content on your website, you are sure that your efforts are not wasted because your website does wonders for your business.
- Broadens your reach. It increases your visibility especially if your website is optimised for search engines. This does not contemplate only existing customers but your website can reach visitors who can become leads and engage with your products and services.
- Improves convenience and accessibility. Since the boom of ecommerce, your website has become the stepping stone in providing access and convenience to your site visitors. This gives a positive impact on your visitors when their user experience is good. Hence, website owners should step up their game to tailor-fit to the needs of their customers.
- Builds your brand. A responsive and reputable website determines whether or not your brand made an impact on your visitors. They will either become loyal customers or new customers because the credibility of your business was established and made known through your website.
- Boosts your customer engagement. An important feature in building your website is having a contact form or feedback form which will allow customers to drop their reviews and concerns about your business. However, this does not end here. Your primary task as a business owner is to ensure that these feedback are addressed and responded to properly. This reflects your brand and your value to your customers and website visitors.