Deciding to build a website is the first step you can make in growing your business. While it is coupled with challenges, we’re here to let you know that it doesn’t have to be that daunting and hard. All it takes is ample preparation from planning to execution and of course being flexible should challenges come your way. Since we already know the value and importance of having a business website, it’s time to get guidance in preparing for you to build a website. The following are some important considerations to bear in mind in website building.
- Your website goals. Your end goal is to build a website that is representative of your brand. Whether we agree or not, your website will tend to direct your visitors first impression of you. The good news is that the fact that you’ve decided to create a website is already celebratory in itself. Hence, it is proper to determine early on what are the goals you want to achieve with this website. Your goals can be like increasing sales and revenue, strengthening your online presence, making your brand known.
- A site map. -A sitemap can help you clarify what your site’s goals are before you start designing or creating content. By deciding exactly what you want from your site and then mapping it out, you can ensure that every part of your website is reinforcing your goals.
- A website name. You have to secure your domain and pick one that does not only sound good but also the one which could best carry your brand well.
- Web Hosting Services. You can usually register your domain name and buy web hosting in one fell swoop, since most hosting plans include at least one domain name as part of the package. Picking the right hosting plan can be a bit overwhelming, but having a little information can help you navigate the right direction.
- Website Copy. Web copy is created by using creative words and sentences aimed at engaging people and encouraging them to take some predetermined action. The web copy must be enticing enough to grab the attention of visitors to your website quickly and make sure that they stick around.
- Web Content. This is often interchanged with website copy, but in digital marketing both have distinct meaning. Web content refers to the writings and imagery on your website while a copy pertains to the placement of creative words and sentences fashioned to guide visitors in navigating through your website. It is important to invest in content, you may start with high-quality photos and web art designs which are not too overwhelming. Further, your content can range from your business overview, history, product specifications, team members, testimonials, to videos.
- Website Design. It encompasses several different aspects, including webpage layout, content production, and graphic design. While the terms web design and web development are often used interchangeably, web design is technically a subset of the broader category of web development. Your website needs to be intuitive and user friendly. It must enhance user-experience to convert more leads.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Strategies. Your digital marketing initiatives should also be kicking in because a website without high SEO ranking is not doing any substantial impact on your business.
- Analytics. A valuable tool which is entirely free like Google Analytics helps you have informed decisions on how to manage your website. It also aids you to scrap off digital marketing efforts which turn out to be successful and lets you improve those initiatives which worked for your business.